Maccabi Netanya will host Maccabi Haifa tomorrow (Monday, 20:30), in a game that may also be the night of the crowning of the Greens. In the last few days there was a real frenzy surrounding the tickets for the game, when the management of Maccabi Netanya even denied a number of subscriptions from its fans, who were caught after selling the tickets to Maccabi Haifa fans.
Netanya attaches great importance to the game, also due to the close battle for fourth place and especially in preparation for the final of the State Cup which will be held next Tuesday, and everyone hopes to arrive in a good mood for this game.
Patrick Tuamasi, who was admitted for a series of tests due to stomach pains, was released from the hospital, and according to the estimates, the cause of the stomach pains is spicy food that the Ghanaian ate two days ago and probably had a negative effect on him. At this point it seems that he will be rested, but the final decision will not be made until tomorrow. The one who should rest is Boris Eno, who is in jeopardy for the yellows to the final and the team will not want to risk him. The injured Liran Rothman will also be missing from the squad, as well as Ahmed Salman and goalkeeper Tomer Sarfati, who took off with the youth team for the Mundialeto in Argentina.
For the second time in two weeks, Maccabi Haifa will come to the game knowing that a win equals a championship. The Greens will arrive in Netanya with an understaffed squad, with Ali Muhammad, Mavis Chibuta and Abdoulaye Sek missing due to the punishments they received following the Turner incidents, and in addition Daniel Sondgren and Omar Atzili are serving suspensions due to yellow cards.
Due to the shortcomings, it is possible that Bachar will change the formation to three brakes and then Dolev Haziza will play on the entire right line. In that case, Franzi Piero and Dean David will collaborate in attack and Dia Saba and Charon Sherry will play in the link together with Mohamed Abu Fani. “The connections don’t change, in the end it’s one game of the championship and whoever plays has to bring the victory and the championship,” said the team.
* A victory will guarantee Maccabi Haifa a third championship in a row and 15th in history. It will be able to celebrate even in the event of a draw if Hapoel Beer Sheva does not win at the same time, and even in the event of a loss if the second in the table loses to Maccabi Tel Aviv.
* 14 years ago, Maccabi Haifa was crowned in Netanya. Tembinkosi Pantani and Biram Kiel then scored 0:2 in the box and secured the 11th championship.
* 137 meetings were between the teams in the senior league, with Maccabi Haifa leading 39:68 in victories and another 30 games were not decided.
* Maccabi Netanya did knock Maccabi Haifa out of the cup, but in the league only managed to beat them once in the last 14 meetings (0:3 at home in April last year).
* Maccabi Haifa made seven comebacks this season and scored 23 points from behind situations, but in the last two away games it led and experienced comebacks at its own expense when it lost 2:1 to Hapoel Jerusalem and Hapoel Beer Sheva.
The composition of the groups
Coach: Barak Becher
The game setup
19d. in Tubinsica
16M. Abu Fani
27P. We beamed
Final round games in the top playoff (Saturday, 20:30):
Maccabi Haifa – Hapoel Jerusalem
Hapoel Beer Sheva – Maccabi Netanya
Maccabi Tel Aviv – M.S. Ashdod