A fire broke out in a residential apartment in the Al-Omraniya area, and the civil protection men were able to control and extinguish the fire before it spread to neighboring properties. A report was issued regarding the incident, and the competent prosecution began the investigation.
The help room in Giza received a report of a fire in a property in Teraet Al-Zomor Street in Al-Omrania. A number of fire engines were dispatched, and civil protection men moved to the location of the communication, and it was found that the fire broke out in a residential apartment, and it was extinguished without injuries.
The necessary legal measures were taken, the necessary minutes were issued, and the Public Prosecution Office conducted the investigation.
There are steps to be followed in the event of a fire occurring inside any apartment, which are:
1- Immediately call 180 for civil protection without waiting to learn how to deal with fire.
2- If the fire is at the beginning of its ignition and is limited, it can be controlled according to the type of fire by using the extinguisher.
3- Shutting down gas and electricity sources in the event of a fire.
4- Hurry up to leave your apartment when the fire is burning to prevent injuries.
5- If escaping from the fire site requires penetrating an area with fire, the body can be covered with a wet mattress or blanket, taking into account covering the mouth and nose with a wet cloth to reduce the effect of smoke.
6- In apartment fires, the escape is downward because the fire is heading upwards.
7- If you have to climb up in the event of a fire, you must reach the roof of the building and do not approach the roof walls, because it is the natural path for smoke and heat.
8- In the event of a fire in your apartment, avoid using the elevator during the process of escaping and evacuating the building in anticipation of the elevator wires being cut off.
9- Preventing the operation of the stove for heating for long periods of time, in anticipation of any electrical short circuit.
10- Do not leave burning quantities of wood inside the apartment before the owners sleep.